A good letter is the key to a successful fundraising campaign. Fundraising letters might sound intimidating at the beginning, but it truly contains many elements of a good sales letter. These kinds of letters are generally written to request compensations or donations for a charitable cause. The basic knowledge of the donor who is providing the fund is very important for the applicant. The letter could be started with an updated list of the past donors. This may likely increase the chances of the donation over time.
Some points must be kept in mind while writing an effective fundraising letter. These are:
- A teaser might be included on the envelope to make the outside of the letter more prompt and attractive.
- The case should be quickly brought forward; beating around the bush will do no good. Instead, getting into the main point fast will impress the readers.
- The letter should be written in a more personable tone instead of being direct to a group of people.
- The letter should be kept very simple. It should not be over embellished or over exaggerated
- Finally, a narrative of the success and achievements of the organisation that is applying could be given in the form of a story.